Sunday 8 July 2007

Update

Apologies if you are hoping to view some images here from recent shoots. I have done some really great shoots, I have however been unable to get them up on the blog as I have been plagued by computer problems. My main computer went down (all images are safe though, thoroughly backed up!) and I have had to have a new computer built from the bottom up. I now have Lightroom and Photoshop on my admin computer, with only 1Mb of Ram it is now groaning under the weight of the 1000's Raw images I am processing, so work is going very slowly.

The new machine will be all singing and dancing, with a quad core processor, 3 hard drives meaning that I can have a drive solely devoted to being a scratch disc for Photoshop and 4 Mb of ram which I am later to upgrade to 8. I am also taking this opportunity (or disaster) to also invest in a superb high end Eizo monitor. This will ensure that I am viewing images in a fully colour calibrated environment aiding colour fidelity and print quality.

Tomorrow I am off to High Wycombe to run another 2 day intensive training course in digital wedding photography and Photoshop. Hopefully the new machine will arrive when I am back on Thursday and work flow will soon get back to normal.....

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always good to hear from you, please leave a comment.....