Tuesday 1 December 2009

What no Blog???

Here goes again, I seem to just blog in fits and starts!

I have had a really interesting time of late not just in the business but in general. We had a great meeting with my locat MPA branch about a month ago, Peter Prior came down to run a wonderful seminar on wedding photography. I think I as most professional photographers forget to put back in very often so seminars like this are a time to look at the way others work and gain ideas and inspiration, Peter is a wonderful photographer.

This time of year is so busy, lots of portrait shoots and getting the summers wedding albums our by Christmas. The other seminar I could not miss meant that I had to go up to london quickly on Friday to hear one of my all time heros (even my cat is named after him!) speak at the BJP (British Journal of Photography) event. Eugene Richards (a member of Magnum) is one of the worlds greatest documentary photographers, I first came across him in the early 90's, when his harrowing book 'Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue.' came out it was clear to me that he is a man of the highest integrity and humane compassion. To hear him speak and go through his life's work to date (including numerous long term projects each ending in a book - 18 to date!) and view his current work was a real pleasure and an honour.

To view his website follow the link to: http://www.eugenerichards.com/

While I was there i also had the honour of hearing Steve Bloom speak about his latest project and being one of the first to get a signed copy of his book to accompany this work (the book was launched at Vision). Struggling back on the underground was fun armed with four heavy autographed works! - it was a great joy to hear such talents talk and so inspirational!

Visit Steve Blooms website to view his work: http://www.stevebloom.com/

We are also trailing our very own fine art printer - I have for a long time wanted to take control of all the large prints leaving the studio, finally yesterday, with the correct profiles in place and beautiful paper made by Hahnemuehle, I achieved my first fine art print since leaving college and the wonderful printing facilities of Newport College of Art and Design! I will be working on an exhibition over the next year and will invite you all to come and scrutinise the printers extraordinary quality (or of course you could book in for a shoot as all our framed images will now all be printed in house on fine art papers....).

Our website is also having a long overdue overhaul by some very talented neighbours of mine here at the Paintworks! Glow Creative are a hugely talented web-design company more to follow soon....

Anway I will try and post some new work later today....



Power to your clicking finger!
(as Murdo McLeod said many years ago!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always good to hear from you, please leave a comment.....